If you’re still using an on-prem data warehouse, I’d like to tell you why moving your data warehouse to the cloud with Azure SQL Data Warehouse is the way to go. This solution from Microsoft is where you can create a data warehouse in the cloud and it has a wealth of advantages over a traditional onsite data warehouse.
Azure Data Warehouse uses the traditional BI skills that you already have when building inside of Azure. The only change is, it’s in the cloud so you get the advantage of all that power. There are many features built into Azure that you can take advantage of by creating an Azure SQL Data Warehouse:
- A high-performance boost and the ability of globalization.
- A lower cost solution with the ability to scale and compute storage. You’re able to pause or resume your databases within minutes.
- Uses massive parallel processing behind the scenes in the architecture. This gives you the ability to run up to 128 concurrent queries at one time, plus you’ll get more increased performance than you could ever get with a traditional on prem SQL Server.
- Seamlessly create your jobs and your hub for analytics along with any native connectivity with data integration and visualization services.
- Guarantee of 99.9% availability, as well as regulatory compliance built in, so you don’t need your DBAs to take care of any of this, it’s all taken care of for you.
- Built in advanced security like connection security, authentication, authorization and encryption.
- Data sovereignty which goes across more that 30 regions worldwide.
- Adapts to your workload; if you’ve got large workloads, you can take advantage of the power of the cloud, but you can scale it down for smaller workloads which helps you control your costs. You can also reduce costs with the ability to pause or stop workloads when you’re not using them.
- Built in intelligent caching that helps you accelerate access to your data and query performance.
There are also new hardware innovations, as well as new software breakthroughs that you can view in more detail on the Microsoft site. With all this technology, you get a streamlined, quick service and the ability to control costs.
Whether you are a large or small company and you’re looking for a place to run your data warehouse, move it to the cloud. Azure SQL Data Warehouse will not only improve performance, but also allow you to benefit from the many features and advantages that come with Azure. If you want to learn more about Azure Data Warehouse or anything Azure related, click the link below or contact us, we’re here to help.