Pulling data from Google Analytics into SSIS can be a difficult and time-consuming task. The REST Source in Task Factory allows users to import data to their data flow using Google's Analytics' Rest API.
The video below gives you step-by-step instruction on how to use the REST Source in Task Factory to pull data from your Google Analytics account into your SSIS data flow. We show how to use both Version 3 and Version 4 of the Google Analytics API’s.
Key take aways from the video
- You must use the right scope of https://www.googleapis.com/auth/analytics.readonly when getting your access token
- You must set your redirect URI's to match what is setup in the Google Api Credentials that you're using to generate the access token (e.g. http://pragmaticworks.com)
- Your Google Analytics ID can be found in the URL of your analytics dashboard. It's the numbers after the p. (e.g. https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#home/a6543217w12365987p32165498/)
- Remove the expiration date from your oauth2 connection manager
- Version 3 of the API - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/reference
- Version 4 of the API - https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/
- When using V4 of the API, you must use the POST method and pass in JSON data
- The metrics and dimensions that can be retrieved are found here. Remember that some metrics cannot be retrieved together. Use the explorer to find good matches. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets
For detailed information on how to use Task Factory's REST Source with Google Analytics, please visit the Task Factory Help Documentation: http://help.pragmaticworks.com/TaskFactory/ConfigurationFiles.html
Tagged With: Task Factory