In this module you will learn how to use the as Timeline visual. The as Timeline is a Gantt chart style visual that allows you to find gaps and overlaps from dates and times.
Module 109 – as Timeline
- Power BI Custom Visual – as Timeline
- Dataset – Project Status.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 109 – as Timeline.pbix
- This is a Gantt chart style visual.
- Great for planning and tracking equipment or people to find gaps and overlaps in data.
This as Timeline visual is tracking different tasks in a project and what stage they are in.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Using the Display Setting section you can change several key settings, like the legend and size of each task on the visual.
- The Axis settings section allows you to customize the number to tick marks on the x-axis and the font size as well.
- Using the Category Colors section you can change the color used for each value in the Category field.
- Using the Behavior section you can modify several of the features that are interactive with the chart, like animation and how the chart reacts when you click on items.
- Using the Entity Separator you can add lines between each entity on the visual.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.