In this module, you will learn how to use the Attribute Slicer Power BI Custom Visual. Using the Attribute Slicer allows you to filter your entire report while also being able to visibly see a measure value associated with each attribute.
Module 44 – Attribute Slicer
- Lets you filter a dataset on a selected set of values.
- Selecting these values places them in the applied filters list.
- The Attribute Slicer can be viewed either vertically or horizontally.
This Attribute Slicer displays the frequency of certain words used in the English language.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there are several customizations available for the Attribute Slicer.
- Using the General section, you can adjust the text size or turn the option section on/off at the top of the Attribute Slicer. Turning this off means you will no longer be able to search for values or see the applied filter values.
- In the Display section you can change how much space the bars on the chart are taking up. You can also change the orientation of the visual to be vertical (default) or horizontal here.
- The Selection section allows you to make the slicer only able to accept a single value section, instead of the default of multi-select. You can also turn on Brush Mode, which allows you to drag and select multiple values at once on the slicer. Finally, the Use Token option allows you to turn off just the applied filter section of the visual.
In addition to these properties, there are settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.