In this module you will learn how to use the Bowtie Chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Bowtie Chart visual is designed to show a flow of data from one process or category to another.
Module 52 – Bowtie Chart
- You can display a half or full bowtie.
- The thickness of the branch indicates the weight of a category.
- The summary label can also display an indicator.
This Bowtie Chart displays how much of each category sales flowed into the corresponding subcategory sales.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are several customizations available for the Bowtie Chart.
- Under the General section you can change the overall color that’s used in the Bowtie Chart.
- The Bowtie Title section allows you to change the Title Text or add a Tooltip, which appears when hovering over the question mark in the title area.
- The Data Labels section allows you to customize the formatting of the data labels on the chart.
- Under the Summary Label Settings you can find the configurations that correspond with the number in the middle of the chart. This includes the ability to turn on an indicator that changes color and direction based on the Threshold you set.
In addition to these properties, there are settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.