In this module, you will learn how to use the Bubble chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Bubble chart allows you to show the value of categories proportionally represented by the size of the bubble.
Module 16 – Bubble
- Power BI Custom Visual – Bubble
- Dataset – Music Artist.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 16 – Bubble.pbix
- Each category is defined as a bubble on the visual.
- The size of the bubble is defined by a measure.
- The Bubble chart does allow for cross filtering - Meaning you can click on a bubble in the chart and it will filter other report items
This shows a Bubble chart with Genre as the category and the size of the bubbles representing the revenue they have earned.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there isn’t much available to customize the appearance of the Bubble chart.
- The one section specific to the Bubble that you have available is found under the Label section.
- By changing the Fill property, you are able change the color of of the text shown inside of each bubble.
- In addition to these properties, you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.