In this module, you will learn how to use the Card Browser Custom Visual. The Card Browser allows you to display document data in visually appealing ways with images.
Module 77 – Card Browser
- Power BI Custom Visual – Card Browser
- Dataset – Pragmatic Works Employees.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 77 – Card Browser.pbix
- Browse documents with a double-sided card.
- Can render a headline image on each card.
This Image Timeline shows Pragmatic Works' leadership team across a timeline.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there are a few configurations that can be adjusted on this visual.
- In the Cards section, you may turn off drop shadow borders using the Shadow toggle. You can also control the formatting of any columns of Datetime type using Date Format, set the Separator to place between items in the Subtitle Fields, and toggle display of the Title Image at the bottom of the MetaData card view.
In the Reader section, you can configure the Header Color to set the background color for the Source as well as the background of the main image section. You can also set the Expanded Height and Width of the inline reader.
Use Flip State to enable or disable the flipping feature, by toggling Enable Flip, and control the default Card Face, either Preview or MetaData.
Load More Data offers control over data import. Enable loading of more records to have Cards attempt to load at least the specified Limit of documents.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.