In this module, you will learn how to use the Card with States Power BI Custom Visual. The Card with States allows for you to have a value displayed with an indicator that can be manually adjusted or data-driven. Check out http://okviz.com/ for more details on this and other visuals or view my previous blog posts.
Module 10 – Card with States
- Allows you to bind performance measures to 3 states.
- The thresholds for these 3 stages can be set manually or be data driven.
- It can visualize one measure while using a different one for the indicator value
This shows the State Value is between the State 3 Minimum and the State 3 Maximum.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are some options that are helpful with customizing the appearance of the Card with States.
- The Data label section gives you the ability to change the Color, Display units, Decimal points and Text size of the number displayed. In my example above this would change the color of the number 9,038,161 to a different color if I had not configured the 3 states.
- The State 1, State 2, and State 3 properties allow you do adjust manually where the thresholds begin and end for each state (this may also be data driven. You may also change the Color and Label that’s displayed for each threshold
- Finally, in the Category Label section you can define the category labels Text and Color. Several other options are here that allow you to set things like Word wrap and Margin top (how much space between the number and the text).
- In addition to these properties, you have a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On Demand Training platform.