In this module, you will learn how to use the Drilldown Choropleth Custom Visual. The Drilldown Choropleth is a map visual that displays divided regions that are highlighted indicating the relative value in each location.
Module 58 – Drilldown Choropleth
- Displays divided areas or regions on a map.
- Allows you to drill down through your hierarchy data.
- You must add a shape file yourself to use this visual.
This Drilldown Choropleth map shows military veterans by county in the United States.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are several sections available to modify the appearance.
- Under the Data colors section you can adjust the type of colors used on the map and the thresholds that determine their color.
- The Shape properties should really be your first stop when working with this visual. Without configuring at least the Level 1 property with a shape file you will see nothing on your map. You can also change the type of map projection used here.
- Under the Default color section, you can control things like the color of the border between shapes and how thick the line is.
- Using the Zoom properties, you can change the behavior of the visual when you zoom into a selection you’ve made or manually zooming on your own.
In addition to these properties, there are settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.