In this module, you will learn how to use the Dynamic Tooltip Custom Visual by MAQ Software. The Dynamic Tooltip allows you to add extra insight to your report or visuals with a popup that provides additional information.
Module 68 – Dynamic Tooltip (MAQ Software)
- Power BI Custom Visual – Dynamic Tooltip (MAQ Software)
- Dataset – Monthly Opportunities.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 68 – Dynamic Tooltip (MAQ Software).pbix
- Adds additional insight to existing visuals or reports.
- Can display measures and/or text.
- Tooltip image can be changed to something else.
This Dynamic Tooltip shows the total sales opportunities for the data set when the user puts their mouse over it.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are a few settings that you can configure to adjust the tooltip appearance.
- Under the Tooltip setting you can change the Header, Body and Image URL used to display on the tooltip.
- The Measure Tooltip property allows you to change the tooltip from simply displaying text you type to displaying a measure value. The formatting of that measure can also be adjusted here.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.