In this module, you will learn how to use the Image Grid Custom Visual. This visual is a unique way to visualize multiple images at once that can be resorted by a measure value.
Module 85 – Image Grid
- Power BI Custom Visual – Image Grid
- Dataset – Movie Studios.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 85 – Image Grid.pbix
- Has the ability to highlight individual data points, data series and ranges.
This Image Grid shows the movie studios with the highest number of film releases this last year.
Under the Format paintbrush, you will find there are very few settings that can be adjusted for this visual.
- In the Settings section, you can adjust the following:
- Maximum columns (for grid) – Allows you to adjust how many images are showing per row when using the grid view.
- Minimum width for higher quality images – Use this when you have higher resolution images to adjust the width for each.
- Top list weight (for circle top list) – Allows you to adjust how the top list is weighted when you select that render type.
- Render type – Gives you the ability to switch between top list circles, weighted circles and grid views.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.