In this module you will learn how to use the Infographic Designer Custom Visual. The Infographic Designer gives you the ability to make your reports tell a story and even themes the visuals to be more relevant to the topic of your data.
Module 57 – Infographic Designer
- Power BI Custom Visual – Infographic Designer
- Dataset – Social Media Users – Infographic.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 57 – Infographic Designer.pbix
- SVG Shape Files – Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube
- Allows you to customize the appearance of report to your specific topic.
- You can use either the provided shape graphics or import your own SVG shape files.
- Has the ability to layer images, shapes or text on a single visual.
This Infographic Designer is visualizing the monthly usage of different social media platforms. The top visual shows a default shape while the bottom visual with the logos were imported from custom shape files.
- Most of the magic of the infographic happens by selecting the Pencil icon within the visual. This launches the Mark Designer. Watch the video to learn more about this.
- Under the Format paintbrush there is really only one section to modify the format.
- Under the Chart section there are several properties available that can adjust padding, turn on/off chart guidelines, and turn on/off the axis labels. You can also change the type of chart between Column, Bar and Line here.
In addition to these properties, there are settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.