In this module, you will learn how to use the Mekko Chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Mekko Chart visual is helpful when you need to analyze two different dimensions on a single chart.
Module 38 – Mekko Chart
- Power BI Custom Visual – Mekko Chart
- Dataset – Country Sales.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 38 – Mekko Chart.pbix
- This visual is a mixture between a 100% stacked column chart and a 100% stacked bar chart.
- The width of a column is proportional to the total value of the column.
In this Mekko Chart, you see a comparison of product category sales by the country they were sold in.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there are several customizations available for the Mekko Chart.
- Under the Column Border section, you can change the color of the lines between each column and increase/decrease the width of the lines.
- The Data labels section allows you to turn on the data labels on each of the sections of the chart.
- By modifying the Legend section, you can increase the size of the font used and/or change the title of the legend.
- The X-Axis section allows you to control the text size and color on the x-axis labels.
- The Y-Axis section allows you to control the text size and color on the y-axis labels.
- Under the Data colors section, you can manually change the colors that appear on each of the values in the series section of the chart.
In addition to these properties, you have settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.