In this module, you will learn how to use the Percentile Chart Power BI Custom Visual. The Percentile Chart is used to show a distribution of values over a range. This helps you answer questions like, “What percentage of my customers bought 4 or more items?”
Module 32 – Percentile Chart
- Power BI Custom Visual – Percentile Chart
- Dataset – Boy Height.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 32 – Percentile Chart.pbix
- The Percentile Chart allows you to see what percent of your data falls into certain bins of values.
- Helpful in answering questions like “80% of my customers bought at least 4 items”.
This Percentile Chart shows the number of children and their average height.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there are a few options available for customizing the Percentile Chart.
- Under the Visual_DataPoint section, you can change the color that is used in the chart line.
- Changing the Visual_DataPointsLabels section gives you the ability to modify the precision of the data labels on the chart.
- In addition to these properties, you have a pair of settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the visuals aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.