You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.
In this module, you will learn how to use the Slim Data Bar KPI Visual. The Slim Data Bar KPI Visual is great for showing the progress towards a target while taking up the smallest amount of report space.
Module 102 – Slim Data Bar KPI Visual
- Power BI Custom Visual – Slim Data Bar KPI Visual
- Dataset – Jobs Salaries.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 102 – Slim Data Bar KPI Visual.pbix
- A slim KPI visual which indicates the progress towards the target.
- Designed to take the smallest amount of report space possible.
This Slim Data Bar KPI Visual shows territory sales and indicates if each territory met their goal.
- Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Under the Items section you can change the orientation of the visual to vertical or horizontal, as well as set the minimum width and height.
- Using the Categories section you can change the formatting of the category labels shown on the visual.
- The Data labels section allows you to adjust the formatting of the data labels that appear on this visual.
- Under the Colors – Indicators section you can modify the colors used on each indicator under different circumstances.
- Modifying the Target Line section will allow you to adjust the target line shown on the gauge.
- The Bar section gives you the ability to change the fill and outline colors in the bar.
- Using the Header is similar to the Title that every visual has. Either one of these features are a great way to apply a label to the entire visual.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.