In this module, you will learn how to use the Stars Power BI Custom Visual. The Stars visual is a great way to visualize ratings data.
Module 42 – Stars
- The Stars visual has the ability to use symbols instead of the star.
- If you have multiple rows in your dataset then you may need to use a Slicer to toggle back and forth between each record.
This Stars visual is used to visualize the IMDB ratings with movies. Using a Slicer you can switch back and forth between different movies.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are several customizations available for the Stars visual.
- Under the Star Properties section you can change the symbol between a Star, Dollar Sign, Heart, Thumbs Up, Smiley, Calendar, and Accessibility.
- You can also change the number of stars that are shown and how the stars are displayed.
- In the Star Colors section, you can adjust the colors that are used in different phases of the visual.
- From the Star Axis section, you can manually adjust the Minimum, Maximum, and Target value of the visual. This can also be driven by the dataset.
In addition to these properties, there are settings that appear on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.