In this module, you will learn how to use the Text Wrapper by MAQ Software. The Text Wrapper allows you to display text that is longer than the given width of a visual by wrapping it to the next line.
Module 105 – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software)
- Power BI Custom Visual – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software)
- Dataset – Office Script.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 105 – Text Wrapper (MAQ Software).pbix
- This visual retrieves text from a data source and wraps it within the visual's range.
- The Text Wrapper has several formatting features available.
This Text Wrapper displays lines from the television show The Office.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are a few customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Under the Text Settings section you can change the text formatting within the visual.
- The Static text settings section allows you to add static text before or after the dynamic text that comes from your dataset.
- The Dynamic text settings section allows you to adjust some of the formatting features of the text that comes from your dataset.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.