In this module, you will learn how to use the Timeline Storyteller. The Timeline Storyteller is a great way to tell a story about your data. It gives you the ability to create multiple representations of your data and then pull them together by creating multiple scenes.
Module 71 – Timeline Storyteller
- Your data can have multiple representations and layouts.
- You will create scenes, which act like a snapshot view of your visual.
- Images can be added to enhance the story telling capability.
This Timeline Storyteller shows I Love Lucy as the number one show 3 years in a row.
- Under the Format paintbrush, there are only a few configurations that can be adjusted because the primary place to edit the visual is on the visual itself.
- Under the Story section, you can turn on/off Auto Load, which controls whether or not the visual is automatically loaded when you open an existing Power BI file that includes the visual.
- By modifying the Display section, you can increase or decrease the size of the editor within the visual.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.