Last week to honor our 9th Anniversary, we posted 9 truths and a lie about the history of Pragmatic Works and asked you to try and pick out the lie. In the poll, about half of the results correctly identified the lie, and the rest of the results were pretty scattered. Today, we're here to uncover the lie and share some of the evidence regarding the truths.
1. In the early days of Pragmatic Works, there were dogs constantly barking in the background and could be heard during calls.
Truth! The first Pragmatic Works office was located next door to a dog grooming salon, and it was quite noisy.
2. We love to prank our employees so much we recorded a prank and submitted it to America's Funniest Home Videos.
Truth! Mike Davis narrates as Brian gets surprised by a not-so-slithering snake.
3. Our last office was a bat cave.
Crazy enough, this is another truth! There were bats living in the roof of our old office.
4. One employee who shall not be named listed another’s employee’s car for sale on Craigslist.
Truth! Unfortunately, the listing was quickly reported to Craigslist as spam, so unfortunately we don't have any evidence of this prank.
5. Our office walls are decorated with demotivational posters.
Truth! Here's a favorite:
6. Brian Knight regularly makes crepes for the Jacksonville office.
Truth! Brian is an outstanding crepe chef.
7. Our Fantasy Football league is going into it’s 5th season.
Truth! Tyler Ryan proudly takes on his role as Leauge Commissioner each year.
8. We don't have an HR department.
Lie! Believe it or not, we do have an HR department! Back in our Who Is series, you met HR Manager Kim Stinehour. She keeps busy by managing all of our shenanigans.
9. Adam Jorgensen's alter ego is Dr. Harry Behr.
Truth! Dr. Harry Behr is an infamous research scientist.
10. Tim Moolic is known as the resident plumber in our Sales office.
Truth! Here Tim can be seen fulfilling his duties:
We hope you enjoyed the peek into some of the Pragmatic Works shenanigans and history. Here's to many more years of success!