Do you want to learn how to monitor the health of Azure Analysis Services servers? In a recent webinar with Principal Consultant, Alan Faulkner, he explores several different monitoring tools that range from monitoring the health of Azure Analysis Services servers to profiling data for SQL Server Analysis Services events.
There are many events that you can monitor and a variety of different monitoring tools. Choosing the right tool is based on the type of monitoring that needs to be done, as well what platform you’re focused on such as multi-dimensional, tabular or Azure Analysis Services.
Monitoring option available are:
- Azure Metrics Explorer – a free tool in the Azure portal that helps you monitor the performance and health of your Azure Analysis Services servers.
- Azure Diagnostics – used to monitor and log Azure Analysis Services server performance.
- SQL Server Profiler – tracks engine process events and captures data about those events enabling you to monitor database and server activity.
- Extended Events – a lightweight tracing and monitoring system that uses very few system resources, making it an ideal tool for diagnosing problems on production and test servers.
- Trace Events – follows the activity of an Analysis Services instance by capturing and analyzing trace events and are typically grouped to find related trace events more easily.
- Dynamic Management Views (DMVs) – queries that return information about model objects, server operations and server health.
- Performance Counters *
- Log Operations*
*The bottom two are more specific to Analysis Services multi-dimensional and are not focused on in this presentation.
This webinar will focus on and demo Azure Metrics Explorer, Azure Diagnostics and SQL Server Profiler. If you’re interested in learning more about these monitoring tools, you can watch the complete webinar below. To view the presenter’s slides, click here.
If you’d like to learn more about monitoring the health of your Azure Analysis Services servers, whether it be learning more about the tools or if you need help with implementing monitoring in your organzation, we're here to help. Our Azure experts can help you each step of the way, no matter where you are on your Azure journey. Click below or contact us to see how we can help.