Welcome to an exciting new FREE class on Power BI Custom Visuals! Over the next year (that’s right year), I will be releasing one module a week detailing how to work with all of the Power BI visuals available in the Custom Visuals Gallery. You might ask why am I doing this? Well The Microsoft Power BI team and the Power BI Community, through the Custom Visuals Gallery, have expanded the data visualization capabilities of Power BI drastically but have provided little direction on how to use these the new features.
In this module, you will learn how to use the Enlighten Aquarium Power BI Custom Visual. While it might not be the most practical visualization it does provide a fun way to show categorical data and can have multiple series shown as well.
Module 02 – Enlighten Aquarium
- Power BI Custom Visual – Enlighten Aquarium
- Dataset – Best in Show.xlsx
- The Fish field setting is where you will place the categorical data you would like to visualize. Each unique value here creates a new fish in the aquarium
- The Fish Size setting allows you to place one or more metrics that you would like to analyze on each fish.
When you place more than one metric in the Fish Size property it creates a second series of fish on the aquarium that have a different shape
- Each custom visual has additional formatting that can be found by selecting the Format paintbrush.
The Enlighten Aquarium has minimal format settings that can be adjusted.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform.
Leave a comment