In this module you will learn how to use the Icon Map. The Icon Map allows you to display your geographical data on a map with icons or images representing each point.
Module 110 – Icon Map
- Power BI Custom Visual – Icon Map
- Dataset – Cruise Ship Locations.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 110 – Icon Map.pbix
- Shows data bound images/circles and lines.
- Can integrate with MapBox and OpenWeatherMap.
This Icon Map shows locations of different cruise ships.
Under the Format paintbrush you will find there are several customizations that you can enable for this visual.
- Using the Background Layers section you can tap into other KPIs like Mapbox and Openweathermap to add layers to your map.
- The Lines section allows you to customize the color and width of the line used between two points.
- Using the Tooltips section you have the ability to determine which fields are shown on your tooltips.
- Using the Data Points section you add has many settings that allow you to adjust the way point are displayed on your map. There are also features to adjust the map zooming.
You can also adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio under the Format section.