In this module you will learn how to use the Play Axis Power BI Custom Visual. The Play Axis visual works like a dynamic slicer that animates your other report visuals without needing to click every time you want to change your filter value.
Module 53 – Play Axis
- Power BI Custom Visual – Play Axis
- Dataset – Sales by Employee.xlsx
- Completed Example – Module 53 – Play Axis.pbix
- You make your entire report animate across the Play Axis attribute.
- Animation controls available to you: looping, auto play, and the control of the play speed.
In this Play Axis, the rest of the report is animated by years.
- Under the Format paintbrush there are a several customizations available for the Play Axis.
- Under the Animation Settings section, you can control the play functionality of the Play Axis. Here you can make the animation automatically start, continue looping and change the speed at which the animation occurs.
- The Colors section allows you to modify the appearance of the Play Axis visual. You can adjust the overall color of it or make each button a different color by turning on Show all.
- The Enable Caption On section allows you to turn on/off the text displayed next to the visual or adjust the formatting of it.
In addition to these properties, there is a set of settings that appears on every visual to adjust the background color, add a border around the visual and lock the aspect ratio.
Find Out More
You will always be able to find this video module and advanced viewing of future modules on the Pragmatic Works On-Demand Training platform or view my previous blog posts.