Security is crucial and at the forefront of everyone’s minds in business, especially if you’re a DBA. Of course, everyone should be mindful of security but for the DBA, it’s your job. The DBA is typically thought of as the gatekeeper of business data and we all know that the amount of data is growing in leaps and bounds.
In a recent webinar by consultant and DBA Michael Wall, he shows you how to protect your backups and secure your data with the proper setup of SQL Server. DBAs need to be aware of their whole enterprise so they can make the business appropriate decision. They need to consider the business practices and needs and balance them against good solid security practices.
The webinar covers topics and best practices around:
- Setting up SQL Server using local service accounts which take a lot of the guesswork out of usernames and passwords.
- File systems and the Principle of Least Privilege – which means giving the user/application/service only the rights needed for them to get the job done.
- A walk-through of the SQL Server install.
- Password policies and the difference between logins and users.
- Roles – Basic roles, server roles, database roles and custom roles and how to make roles work for you and the business.
So, if you want to learn how to protect your backup and secure your data, this webinar is for you. You can watch the complete webinar below. To view the presenter’s slides, click here.
We get it, your DBA team is overworked and unable to keep up with 24/7 support of your databases. Our DBA Managed Services can provide your team with 24/7 remote DBA support, along with the DBA tools and resources that fit your budget and needs. Let our expert team take on the burden, so your team can focus on growing your business. Click below to learn more.