Do you want to learn how databases in Azure are more than SQL Server? In a recent webinar, Steve Hughes, reviews Azure’s database offerings. If you go to the Microsoft Azure site and open the database bucket, you’ll see quite a few database offerings from Microsoft. This webinar will look at use cases and costs around these, as well as related functionality.
Steve approaches this overview by looking at “the 3 Ps” - Purpose, Platform & Pennies - of each offering.
- Purpose – Why would you choose a product? What value is it to you? What are common uses (including some examples of how we have used a product in our engagements)?
- Platform – How is it delivered to you (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS)? What are the strengths that come from the platform it’s sitting on?
- Pennies – How is it charged? The cost varies a lot depending on use cases, so not much time is spent on actual cost as you should use the pricing calculator based on your scenario, but you’ll get a clear idea of how an offering is charged.
This webinar will cover each of the 10 Azure database offerings:
- Cosmos DB
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Database for MySQL, PostgreSQL and for Maria DB
- SQL Server on Virtual Machines
- Azure Database Migration Service
- Azure Cache for Redis
- SQL Server Stretch Database
- Table Storage
If you’re already in the cloud or just starting your journey there, this webinar gives you a great overview of your database choices in Azure. Watch the complete webinar below. To view the slide presentation which includes a chart comparing the 3 Ps of each product, click here.
If you have more questions or need help in any phase of your journey to the cloud, our consulting offerings can help answer your questions or assist in challenges, no matter where you are in the journey, from planning to migration and implementation. Contact us – our experts are here to help.
Looking for more about Azure? We've got the conference for you! Azure Data Week is coming to you in October - the only virtual conference 100% dedicated to Azure topics. With 4 jam packed days, eight 1-hour sessions each day that you can pick and choose from, plus access to all the recordings for one year all for only $49! Click the link below to learn more and register for this incredible event!